When it comes to hiring a floor installer, there are a few factors that you should consider before you hire someone for the job at hand. At Norman Flooring, our team is prepared and ready to answer any questions you might have for us. With being in the flooring business for a combined 50+ years with our guys, you can trust that we’ve seen pretty much anything and everything when it comes to flooring. So, we feel pretty confident these questions might come up and we’re ready to answer them for you!
Here are 5 important questions to ask your floor installer:
1. Are you licensed and insured to do the flooring? Unexpected events can come up during flooring installation jobs, so by ensuring that your flooring installer has taken the precautionary measures to obtain licensing and insuring for their guys, you can trust they’re responsible and trustworthy workers.
2. Does your flooring option come with any warranty? You’ll want to ask this upfront to be sure if any sort of damage occurs down the road, you’ll be covered.
3. Do you have any reviews or references from past clients and jobs? This will tell you if their past clients are satisfied with their work and give you an idea of what you can expect once the job is complete. Ask if you can contact them or see pictures of the completed job.
4. How long can you expect the flooring installation to take? By knowing the expected timeline of the job, you can get an idea of when you need to have furniture moved or when/how you can work around the upcoming job for your family and home life that comes with new flooring installs. Ask about weather conditions and how that can change the timeline expectation or if it matters.
5. Is a deposit required before the job can get started? Most jobs require some form of upfront downpayment to get started, but if they’re asking for the entire payment before the job is done, you may need to reconsider.
Our goal at Norman Flooring is to always have satisfied customers and we take pride in our work. Customer satisfaction is always and will forever be our number one goal. Bring us your questions and we’ll get you an answer!
Thinking of updating your flooring at home? Contact us today for your free estimate!